Cogent Advisor Segments™ was developed over a series of phases to increase the efficacy of your marketing and communication program.
PHASE ONE: Identified the segments
- 18 focus groups with 70 financial advisors in Chicago, New York and Los Angeles
- Research led to the development of a four-segment hypothesis
PHASE TWO: Defined the segments
- Online survey among a representative sample of 402 financial advisors, including attitudinal statement battery tests, quantified the qualitative hypothesis
- Built the segmentation model using a cluster analysis and algorithm to identify the four segments
PHASE THREE: Analysis
- Use a cluster analysis to determine a tactical four-segment solution that differentiated advisors in meaningful and actionable ways
- Algorithms based on 8- or 15-question batteries delivered segment classification with 89% and 95% accuracy, respectively
PHASE FOUR: Linked the data
- Use a series of modeling exercises to predict segment classification within multiple databases
- Statistical modeling of Cogent attidudinal data and Broadridge market data identified variables to predict segment classification
PHASE FIVE: What we can do for your firm
Increase your ability to effectively communicate with your contacts by allowing us to tag contacts in your CRM using CRDs from the commercial database. We will provide the support to help you understand and utilize the data effectively.